FLPlayer is a OSMF based simple application for playing flash based live video streaming content to android devices. FLPlayer works with popular streaming servers like Flash media server, Wowza media server or Red5 media server to play live video content. FLPlayer is suitable for both business to consumer redistribution and/or first hand usage.
- July 13, 2014
- Actionscript 3.0, Air, AIR Extensions, Android, Commercial, Java, Mobile, OSMF, Red5, RTMP
- Actionscript 3.0, Adobe AIR, Advertising, Air, Android, Flash Player 11, freebies, HTC, Native Extension, OSMF, reusable, RTMP, Streaming, Video, Wowza
- October 5, 2013
- Advertising, Air, OSMF, Red5, RTMP
- Adobe AIR, Advertising, Air, File broadcaster, freebies, Red5, RTMP, Streaming, Video, Wowza
OpenCaster is a free desktop tool for windows (soon to be available on mac), which allows you to broadcast commonly used media files (mp4,mp4,flv,avi,etc…) from your desktop to your favourite RTMP server, such as Flash media server / Wowza media server / Red5 Media Server. Create playlists with your fav media files and stream them to the internet like a live tv / radio show .
- Allows video/audio recording/broadcasting
- Allows playback over rtmp, rtsp (on supported devices) and http for various types of media streams
(a) Download and install the application on your android device from google play store:
JWFLV Player vs Flow Player vs Strobe:
Strobe Player:Note that in some cases flash player may ask you to accept ssl certificate. this happens only with red5 running the OSMF player
OSMF is a move by Adobe which clarifies how much flash is towards openness. Whether your needs are to setup a video-tube site or live event broadcasting, OSMF and Red5 provide the perfect package to go fully open source. No more cumbersome domain licenses. No more expensive RTMP solutions. Take up Red5 , download Adobe strobe playback component and go live – completely open source. (more…)